Temple Bar Gallery + Studios (TBG+S) is pleased to announce that applications are now being accepted for the position of Office and Gallery Assistant, offered under the Job Bridge National Internship Scheme.
We are seeking an outstanding individual with a strong passion for the visual arts. The individual will help support the development and daily operations of the gallery and artists’ studios programmes at TBG+S, working closely with the Director and Programme Curator at TBG+S as well as learning from the whole staff team of this vibrant gallery and artists’ studios complex in Dublin city centre.
The successful candidate will be responsible for assisting in organising and planning exhibitions, talks and events; supporting day to day activities of the core team and programme and operations activities of a large building based organisation with administrative and planning duties; Liaising with studio artists; Front-of-house gallery activities including invigilation and assistance at openings/events and other related tasks, as directed. This is an opportunity to gain considerable experience and learning about running and programming the gallery and artists’ studios and to establish networks for career development within a supportive environment.
Skills & Education:
• Graduate degree in Fine Art, Art History or relevant fields. A Master’s degree will be an advantage.
• High level of competency in team-working, communications, organisational systems, planning and concern for work quality and presentation.
• The ability to work on one’s own initiative and be forward thinking to anticipate problems and possible solutions
• The successful candidate will have a strong commitment to the internship period and will be ambitious for their own professional development
• Knowledge of international contemporary art will be a distinct advantage.
• Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for an application form. The closing date for completed application forms is Friday 9th of January.
• Applications should consist of a CV and cover letter detailing your interest in the position, including personal strengths, why you would like to work at Temple Bar Gallery + Studios and what you feel you could bring to the role.
• Please include the names and contact details of two referees (academic or employers) on your CV.
• The internship is offered for a consecutive nine month period, 32 hours per week, please indicate in your application that you are committed to the full duration of the internship.
• The internship is approved under the JobBridge National Internship scheme and applicants must be eligible under the terms of the scheme. For more information on the scheme and to find out if you are eligible visit http://www.jobbridge.ie/InternEligible.aspx
• If you should need more information please contact: Dublin City Council – Woodquay, Human Resources Department, Civic Offices, Woodquay, Dublin 8 or call 01 2225050.