Drop-off dates: 26, 27 + 28 October 2017 | 11am - 6pm
Postal submission deadline: Friday 27 October 2017
Selected artists notified: Tuesday 7 November 2017
Collection of unselected books: Thursday 9 - Saturday 11 November 2017 | 11am - 6pm
Dublin Art Book Fair: 23 - 26 November 2017
Collection of unsold books: 7-9 December 2017 | 11am - 6pm
For enquiries please contact Orla Goodwin at firstname.lastname@example.org
Temple Bar Gallery + Studios calls for artists and architects to submit their books, zines, catalogues and other suitable publications for inclusion in Dublin Art Book Fair 2017, sponsored by Henry J Lyons. Art and Architecture: Interwoven is the theme of the 7th edition of Dublin Art Book Fair, taking place from Thursday 23 to Sunday 26 November 2017 at TBG+S.
Submitted books do not have to relate to the theme of Art and Architecture: Interwoven. Curator Oonagh Young will make a final selection of artists and architects’ books from the submissions received.
Criteria and rules for submission are as follows:
· Each artist/architect can submit up to three copies of three books only
· Each submission must be accompanied by a completed submission form.
· The book must be a meaningful representation or part of the artist’s/architect's practice.
· Handmade books are welcome but must be able to withstand public display.
· No children’s books will be accepted. [Although comics and zines are acceptable.]
· All postal entries must be accompanied by a stamped addressed envelope, suitable to your books, for return of any unsold books.
Successful applicants will be selected by DABF Curator Oonagh Young. Once selected your book will be accommodated at the artists’ table during the fair and copies will be sold on your behalf, commission free, by TBG+S.
Successful applicants will be notified by email.
How to submit:
There are two ways to submit books and publications for the 2017 Fair:
1. Drop-off days at Temple Bar Gallery + Studios, 5-9 Temple Bar, Dublin 2, are Thursday 26 to Saturday 28 October 2017 between 11am - 6pm.
2. Postal applicants can apply by sending books to the below address. Postal applications must be received no later than Friday 27 October 2017. Remember to include a return stamp addressed envelope for return of books.
Dublin Art Book Fair - Artist/Architect Book Submission | Temple Bar Gallery + Studios | 5-9 Temple Bar | Dublin 2 | IRELAND
Please attach inside your package:
· A completed Artist Book Submission Form
· A stamped addressed return envelope
Please note that there will be NO COMMISSION TAKEN on the sale of artists' and architects books.
TBG+S will not be held responsible for inadequate postal conditions, stamps or damage outside of the gallery.