Drop-off date: Tuesday 25 October 2016 | 11am – 6pm
Postal submissions: Accepted from 10 August to Tuesday 25 October 2016
Selected Artists notified: Tuesday 1 November 2016
Dublin Art Book Fair: Thursday 10 – Sunday 13 November 2016
Collection of unsold books: Friday 18 November 2016
For enquiries please contact Caroline O'Hora at email@example.com
The sixth annual Dublin Art Book Fair at Temple Bar Gallery + Studios will take place from 10 – 13 November 2016.
The event, which will host over thirty international and Irish publishers, will be held in the gallery space at TBG+S and provides a much-needed platform for the distribution of art texts and artists’ self-published projects.
Promoting the making, publication and distribution of art and artists’ books has always been the aim of the Dublin Art Book Fair. We would like to extend an open invitation to artists to submit their books, zines, catalogues and other suitable publications for inclusion in this year’s fair.
Spaces are strictly limited so an open submission format will apply.
Criteria and rules for submission are as follows:
· Each artist can submit up to five copies of three books only
· Each submission must be accompanied by a completed submission form. Download the Artist Book Submission Form here.
· The book must be a meaningful representation or part of the artist’s practice.
· Handmade books are welcome but must be able to withstand public display.
· No children’s books will be accepted. [Although comics and zines are acceptable.]
· All postal entries must be accompanied by a stamped addressed envelope, suitable to your books, for return of any unsold books.
Successful applicants will be selected by the Book Fair’s panel from TBG+S. Once selected your book will be accommodated at the artists’ table during the fair and copies will be sold on your behalf, commission free, by TBG+S.
Successful applicants will be notified by email.
How to submit:
There are two ways to submit books and publications for the 2016 Fair:
1. Drop off day at Temple Bar Gallery + Studios, 5-9 Temple Bar, Dublin 2, will be Tuesday 25 October 2016 between 11am – 6pm.
2. Postal applicants can apply by sending books to the below address. Postal applications must be received no later than Tuesday 25 October 2016. Remember to include a return stamp addressed envelope for return of books.
Dublin Art Book Fair - Artist’s Book Submission| Temple Bar Gallery + Studios | 5-9 Temple Bar| Dublin 2 | IRELAND
Please attach inside your package:
· A completed Artist Book Submission Form
· A stamped addressed return envelope
Please note that there will be NO COMMISSION TAKEN on the sale of any artists' books.
Collection of unsold and unselected books will take place on Friday 18 November 2016 11am-6pm at Temple Bar Gallery + Studios. TBG+S will not be held responsible for inadequate postal conditions, stamps or damage outside of the gallery.