The fourth annual Dublin Art Book Fair at Temple Bar Gallery + Studios will take place on November 7th-9th 2013. The event, which will host over thirty international and Irish publishers, will be held in the gallery space at TBG+S and provides a much needed platform for the distribution of art texts and artists’ self-published projects.
Promoting the making, publication and distribution of art, and artists’ books has always been the aim of the Dublin Art Book Fair. We would like to extend an open invitation to artists to submit their books, catalogues and other suitable publications for inclusion in this year’s fair.
Spaces are strictly limited so an open submission format will apply.
Criteria and rules for submission are as follows:
• Each artist can submit five copies of three books only with selling price, contact e-mail, phone number and address
• Each submission must be accompanied by the artist’s full details.
• The book must be a meaningful representation or part of the artist’s practice.
• Handmade books are welcome but must be able to withstand public display.
• No children’s books will be accepted. [Although comics and zines are acceptable.]
• All postal entries must be accompanied by a stamped addressed envelope suitable to your books for return of any unsold books.
Successful applicants will be selected by the book fair’s panel from TBG+S. Once selected your book will be accommodated at the artists’ table during the fair and copies will be sold on your behalf, commission free, by TBG+S. Successful applicants will be notified by e-mail.
How to submit:
There are two ways to submit books and publications for the 2014 fair:
1. Drop off day at Temple Bar Gallery + Studios, 5-9 Temple Bar, Dublin 2, will be Monday October 20th between 10am – 6pm.
2. Postal applicants can apply by sending books to the below address. Postal applications must be received no later than Monday October 20th. Remember to include a return stamp addressed envelope for return of books.
Submission Address: Artists Book Fair Submission 2014 | Temple Bar Gallery + Studios | 5-9 Temple Bar, Dublin 2.
Please attach a separate sheet inside you package with the following info:
• Artist’s full name.
• Postal address.
• E-mail address.
• Telephone number.
• Book title.
• Book price in euros.
• A stamped addressed return envelope.
Please note that there will be NO COMMISSION TAKEN on the sale of any artists' books.
Collection of unsold and unselected books will take place on Thursday 13th of November 10am-6pm at Temple Bar Gallery + Studios. TBG+S will not be held responsible for inadequate postal conditions, stamps or damage outside of the gallery.