The Commissioning Circle is a fundraising initiative to support Irish and international artists reach their full ambition for exhibitions at Temple Bar Gallery + Studios. It supports the production of new work, artists' practices and experimentation. A €1,000 donation to the Commissioning Circle goes directly into production budgets of exhibition artists.
TBG+S presents five innovative contemporary art exhibitions each year. Irish artists of immense promise and highly-acclaimed international artists are invited to exhibit. The exhibitions give talented artists a platform at pivotal points for experimentation and development of new work. Exhibiting at TBG+S often marks a cornerstone in the career path of Irish visual artists and the work of international artists of acclaim is regularly introduced to audiences for the first time.
Exhibiting artists at TBG+S are selected through comprehensive research and studio visits undertaken by the Programme Curator in conjunction with the Director. A Curatorial Panel of artists and Board members, alongside the Director and Programme Curator, input into the Exhibition Policy through discursive quarterly meetings.
Commissioning Circle supporters will be individually named and invited to previews of the exhibitions they have helped to fund.
To support artists by donating €1,000 to the Commissioning Circle, please click the link below.
Our Supporters Club membership programme offers a special opportunity to become a fundamental part of Temple Bar Gallery + Studios.
As a Supporter you will help us to develop Temple Bar Gallery + Studios’ mission to support Irish and international artists making ambitious art, programme an extra strand of talks by artists, curators and inspiring individuals and build a community interested in contemporary art.
TBG+S membership begins at €25 so you can choose the right package for you. Read the full list of benefits below and sign up online or in person at TBG+S.
All proceeds from the Supporters Club go towards our mission and development.
If you would like to gift Supporters Club membership to a friend please email Muriel at firstname.lastname@example.org with your friend's name, email and postal address.
€50 p/a | €80 p/a for two people
€25 p/a for students/artists
- A limited edition tote bag.
- Quarterly artist group crits with an experienced curator.
- Exclusive access to a series of talks by artists, curators and inspiring individuals.
- Attend our annual summer BBQ and studio artist party on our rooftop balcony.
- 10% discount on limited edition prints purchased from Black Church Print Studio.
- Priority booking at talks and events.
All the above benefits plus:
- Curator-led tours of the artists' studios at TBG+S for you and a friend.
- One complimentary use of TBG+S’ Studio 6 for your personal or corporate event (subject to availability).
- Free copy of our publication Generation: 30 Years of Creativity at Temple Bar Gallery + Studios.
- Your name printed in our annual programme brochure.
€500 p/a | €900 p/a
All the above benefits plus:
- Curator's Pick guided tour at one graduate exhibition in Dublin.
- 10% discount on limited edition prints purchased through the gallery.
- Exclusive curator or artist talk at exhibitions at TBG+S.
Support TBG+S with €900 and receive:
- One complimentary use of TBG+S’ Studio 6, atrium space and/or rooftop balcony, for your personal or corporate event (subject to availability).
Make a Donation
Simply want to support us? Choose what you would like to donate and we'll send you a complementary gift.
For more information on supporting TBG+S contact:
Muriel Foxton - Marketing and Fundraising Executive
email@example.com | 01 6710073
Supporters Club Talks
Supporters Club Talks present artists, writers, curators, filmmakers and others who inspire artistic practices to talk or present on their work and thinking, under the theme Production, Practice + Ideas.
Past Supporters Club Talks have featured artists Alison Pilkington and Stephen Loughman, curator Oliver Dowling, filmmaker Vivienne Dick, artist Susan MacWilliam, curator Emily Pethick, artist Mark O'Kelly, artist and teacher Mick Wilson, critic Declan Long, writer and curator Francis McKee, artist and curator Gavin Wade and artist Jaki Irvine.
Temple Bar Gallery + Studios is committed to maintaining the highest standards of governance to ensure full transparency in how we operate. Temple Bar Gallery + Studios is fully compliant with the Governance Code for Community, Voluntary and Charitable Organisations, the Guidelines for Charitable Organisations Fundraising from the Public and the Charities SORP. Temple Bar Gallery + Studios is a member of the Charities Institute Ireland and has achieved Triple Lock status. Click here for more information and to download our policy documents.
Temple Bar Gallery + Studios is a registered charity (CHY12031) eligible for the Charitable Donation Scheme.