Latest News RSS
Call for artists’ books | Dublin Art Book Fair 2015
Drop-off date: Tuesday 3rd November 2015 | 11am – 6pm drop off to TBG+S
Selected artists notified: Friday 6th November 2015
Dublin Art Book Fair Dates: Launch Wed 18th | Thurs 19th – Sun 22nd November 2015
Book pick–up date: Thurs 26th November
The fifth annual Dublin Art Book Fair at Temple Bar Gallery + Studios will take place from 19th – 22nd November 2015.
The event, which will host over thirty international and Irish publishers, will be held in the gallery space at TBG+S and provides a much-needed platform for the distribution of art texts and artists’ self-published projects. For more information on the Dublin Art Book Fair 2015 please click here.
Promoting the making, publication and distribution of art and artists’ books has always been the aim of the Dublin Art Book Fair. We would like to extend an open invitation to artists to submit their books, zines, catalogues and other suitable publications for inclusion in this year’s fair.
Spaces are strictly limited so an open submission format will apply.
Criteria and rules for submission are as follows:
· Each artist can submit five copies of three books only with selling price, contact e-mail, phone number and address.
· Each submission must be accompanied by the artist’s full details.
· The book must be a meaningful representation or part of the artist’s practice.
· Handmade books are welcome but must be able to withstand public display.
· No children’s books will be accepted. [Although comics and zines are acceptable.]
· All postal entries must be accompanied by a stamped addressed envelope, suitable to your books, for return of any unsold books.
Successful applicants will be selected by the Book Fair’s panel from TBG+S. Once selected your book will be accommodated at the artists’ table during the fair and copies will be sold on your behalf, commission free, by TBG+S.
Successful applicants will be notified by e-mail.
How to submit:
There are two ways to submit books and publications for the 2015 fair:
1. Drop off day at Temple Bar Gallery + Studios, 5-9 Temple Bar, Dublin 2, will be Tuesday 3rd of November between 11am – 6pm.
2. Postal applicants can apply by sending books to the below address. Postal applications must be received no later than Tuesday 3rd of November. Remember to include a return stamp addressed envelope for return of books.
Dublin Art Book Fair- Artist’s Book Submission | Temple Bar Gallery + Studios | 5-9 Temple Bar | Dublin 2 | IRELAND
Please attach a separate sheet inside your package with the following info:
· Artist’s full name.
· Postal address.
· E-Mail address.
· Telephone number.
· Book title.
· Book price in euros.
· A stamped addressed return envelope.
Please note that there will be NO COMMISSION TAKEN on the sale of any artists' books.
Collection of unsold and unselected books will take place on Thursday 26th of November 11am-6pm at Temple Bar Gallery + Studios. TBG+S will not be held responsible for inadequate postal conditions, stamps or damage outside of the gallery.