For Cruinniú na nÓg 2020, Temple Bar Gallery + Studios presents an online art workshop for children and young people with studio artist Liliane Puthod.
Join visual artist Liliane Puthod in this workshop to create a studio space at home as a ‘fun’ laboratory! For an artist, at this particular time, working in the studio sometimes means having to find or make a space at home, in which to create in and feel comfortable in when making art. Watch as the artist creates her own studio hut and shows how you might make your own creative space at home.
This workshop will inspire you to use materials that you have around your home to create a temporary space in which you can spend time reading, listening, drawing, painting, sculpting. This will be a space for you to bring interesting objects or materials you might have found or collected and/or some of your favourite things, like plants, books, instruments.
Enjoy making a special space that feels good to be creative and experimental in!
- 5 long sticks: can be sweeping-brushes, bamboo sticks, wood, curtain rods, mops…anything long and strong to build your studio hut frame
- You can also use chairs, sofas, tables or boxes as your walls
- Enough fabric to cover your structure; a combination of bed-sheets, table cloth, curtains, blankets, towels etc
- Pegs, wide tape, string and bulldog clips to hold it all together
- Books or rocks to weigh it down