Temple Bar Gallery + Studios (TBG+S) does not collect personal information about you when you visit our website unless you volunteer this when signing up to our mailing list, booking a ticket for an event, applying to an opportunity, making a donation or becoming a Supporters Club member. This policy covers how TBG+S uses personal information that is collected when you use the TBG+S website.
Information and Uses
We collect personal data from users of our website when you voluntarily provide such information. The personal data we collect includes, but is not limited to, your name and email address. Your personal information is only used for the purpose you have requested and is not transferred or given out for any other use.
We will collect personal information if you:
- Apply to an opportunity: All information submitted to TBG+S will be held in the strictest confidence in line with GDPR guidelines and data will only be used in the context of evaluating submissions to the opportunity e.g. studio residencies, international residencies, open call for books, etc. By submitting an application you authorise TBG+S to contact you directly in relation to the specific opportunity.
- When you first visit our website you will see a message informing you about cookies. If you click the ‘Accept’ button, a cookie will be set that records your preference. You may opt to view the site without cookies by adjusting your browser's settings. If you do disable cookies some functions of the site may no longer work correctly. For more information on cookies see the All About Cookies website.
- Types of Cookies:
- Session Cookies: These are temporary cookies that are not stored on your computer or device. This will only remain on your computer until you close your browser. This cookie is not used to identify you personally in any way. We will use this type of cookie to collect aggregated website statistics that allow us to understand how visitors use the site. All of the information collected will be anonymous and only used to help us improve the website and report to funders on usage.
- Google Analytics: We use Google Analytics cookies to tell us about levels of activity on our website, for example which pages on the site are used more frequently. This information informs us about what content is of most interest to our readers and helps us to make future improvements to our website. Any of the data gathered using Google Analytics cookies is anonymised. The data is stored within Google Analytics for a period of 14 months, after which time it is deleted. You can read more about Google Analytics cookies and how to opt-out of them here.
- Third Party Cookies: We sometimes use third-party tools and services on our website to enable us to embed media, such as video and audio files, into website pages. To embed video, we use tools from YouTube or Vimeo and to share audio recordings we use services such as SoundCloud. These tools often include cookies from the relevant third-party owner. TBG+S is not the Data Controller for the information gathered via these cookies, and has no access to the information. You can find out more about the third-parties cookie policies and how to opt-out of their processing activity at the links embedded above.
- Types of Cookies:
We will ensure that all personal information supplied is held securely, in accordance with the requirements of the relevant Irish legislation, namely the Irish Data Protection Act (1988), and the Irish Data Protection (Amendment) Act (2003).
Access to information
Any formal, written request by a Data Subject for a copy of their personal data (a Subject Access Request) will be referred, as soon as possible, to the Data Protection Officer, and will be processed as soon as possible.
Please contact us with any questions or requests at email@example.com or Data Protection Officer, Temple Bar Gallery + Studios, 5-9 Temple Bar, Dublin 2, D02 AC84.
The information on this page was last updated on Tuesday 19 February 2019.